||Re: My name!
||Joel Hammer (guest, 220.127.116.11)
||July 19, 2003 at 9:56:14 PM
||Re: My name! by Carie
Knight is an English occupational or status name designating a military servant to the king or great baron, usually a mounted soldier owing loyalty to his liege lord bound th fight in his quarrels. The name is derived from Old English word "Cniht" meaning a boy or youthful servant. The knight stood higher in rank than the franklin, freeman, & burgess, men of free birth, but not of noble birth.
The German formation of the name Knight is Knecht.
I found this information in various surname books at the library, & various places through the internet such as:www.vitalog.net.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- My name! - Carrie! Jul 31 2002, 2:18:35 PM
- Re: My name! - Joel Hammer Jul 19 2003, 9:48:09 PM
- Re: My name! - Lucille Aug 1 2002, 2:26:09 PM
- Re: My name! - Carie Aug 1 2002, 2:22:05 PM
- Re: My name! - Joel Hammer Jul 19 2003, 9:56:14 PM