||Steno (guest, 184.108.40.206)
||July 27, 2010 at 10:27:12 AM
||Re: Scimeca by Marc
I know but I meant "either Arbëreshë or Slavic", not only Arbëreshë. In Sicily, just as in many other parts of Italy, there are a lot of surnames of Slavic origin too (from North to South of Italy), plus also a lot of Albanian surnames often have an old Slavic origin: there's actually a number of such surnames in Southern Italy, I mean Arbëreshë surnames deriving from a Slavic root.
That's why I took either an Arbëreshë or a Slavic origin into account, even though in this particular case - Scimeca - I guess it is more likely Slavic.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Scimeca - Lea Jul 26 2010, 11:09:17 AM
- Re: Scimeca - Mino Sagani Jul 31 2010, 1:01:26 AM
- Re: Scimeca - Mino Sagani Jul 31 2010, 1:00:10 AM
- Re: Scimeca - Marc Jul 26 2010, 12:06:42 PM
- Re: Scimeca - Steno Jul 27 2010, 1:57:54 AM
- Re: Scimeca - Marc Jul 27 2010, 8:09:49 AM
- Re: Scimeca - Steno Jul 27 2010, 10:27:12 AM